Under Eye Fillers + Photo Facial Laser Treatment?

I'm going for some photo facial laser treatments and fillers around the under eye area. I was wondering if it is safe to go for the fillers first and then undergo the laser treatment? Will it affect the fillers in any way?

Under eye fillers and photofacials

In this case, since the filler is being placed underneath the eyes in a deep plane, under the muscle, it should not be a problem to have the laser done after the filler treatment.  If the filler is done any where else on the face, I recommend the laser treatment prior to the filler treatment.

1110 112th Ave NE
Bellevue, WA 98004

Photofacial before or after fillers

Just to err on the side of caution, we always suggest for our patients to have their laser treatments before their injection treatments (in some cases on the same day with the lasers first). But in this case, their should be no issue because in that area, the filler is most often placed under the muscle, which is much deeper than any light based treatment will penetrate.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

23211 Hawthorne Blvd.
Torrance, CA 90505

Under eye fillers should be safe with photofacial

I feel that undereye fillers are placed deeply enough that they should not be effected by light based treatments. However, erring on the side of caution, I generally treat with light based treatments first and then place filler. I routinely do both treatments on the same day. 

Jonathan Sonne, MD
Naples Facial Plastic Surgeon

2235 Venetian Court
Naples, FL 34109

Under eye fillers and fotofacial

Fillers placed under the eyes are in a deep plane.  Usually under the muscle.  A fotofacial treatment does not penetrate this deeply and so it is entirely safe and will in no way effect the filler. 

Edward Buckingham, MD
Austin Facial Plastic Surgeon

2745 Bee Caves Road
Austin, TX 78746