Is It Safe to Get a Wrinkle Filler While Weaning from Breastfeeding?

I am weaning my daughter and have an appointment for a filler. I know it has not been tested for safety, but would it be a good precaution to "pump and dump" for a certain amount of time after receiving the filler?

No facial fillers until breastfeeding is complete

+2

A developing child depends greatly on the nutrition derived from breast feeding. At an early stage of life, babies are also vulnerable to substances that would otherwise not harm an adult. As a precaution, I would strongly urge a patient to defer any cosmetic injectable treatment until breast feeding is complete.

An expert plastic surgeon should never compromise the health of patients for an elective procedure.

Breast Feeding and Fillers

+1

Hi Trudeez,

In today's legal climate, a physician would be foolish to answer your question that it is okay to get cosmetic fillers while weaning from breast feeding.

So the "breast" answer that I can give you is to avoid fillers until your baby is off the boob. Now, if my wife were to want fillers while she was breast feeding, I might use hyaluronic acid (Resylane or Juviderm) as it is a natural substance.

Enjoy your baby, the fillers can wait. Be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD