Is Hyaluronidase Used in Europe?

i had my lips injected 8 month ago with restylane and the result is horrible. Doctors in Cyprus never heard of this enzyme that dissolves restylane they keep telling me that i should wait for it to resorb. please advise.

Finding a hyaluronidase injector outside of the US

+1

Hyaluronidase is available internationally. However, I receive many patients from around the world for injection complications, including those with hyaluronic acid fillers.Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Hyaluronidase after Restylane

+1

One of the benefits of using a hyaluronic acid filler is that an antidote of sorts exists. If a patient comes across a poor result after using a hyaluronic acid filler, hyaluronidase can be placed into the area to dramatically speed the dissolution of the filler product.

For patient who are very uncertain about getting a filler, especially for first timers who are interested in lip injections, I like to use a thin hyaluronic acid filler called Prevelle Silk. I inject it for $300 for 0.9mL and gives patients a good idea of the volume and look they are looking for in a lip filler. Prevelle Silk only lasts 3 months, but is a good first-time lip filler.

Springfield Dermatologic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.