Is Fraxel Re:pair Suitable for a Young Patient?

I have only ever seen patients with severe skin problems have Fraxel Repair. Can Fraxel Repair settings be tailored to treat a young person with minor but numerous skin issues such as shallow scarring, under-eye volume loss, dynamic wrinkling, mild freckling and rosacea?

Fraxel repair for Young Patients

+2

Hi HC,

Yes, one of the nicest features about Fraxel re:pair is that the treatment density and depth can be adjusted for the individual patient. I have treated patients from age 25 to 78 with Fraxel repair.

We actually treated UK journalist Kate Spicer, around her eyes only, on a BBC documentary "Super Botox Me" which you can see on my web site at www.drpersky.com in the media section.

The settings can be tailored to treat shallow scarring, under eye volume loss, mild freckling, and "red" spots. It will not get rid of dynamic lines; they are best treated with a little strategically placed Botox. Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

No, it isn't the best treatment for young patients - there are much better options!

+1

The conditions you are referring to: shallow scarring, volume loss, freckling and red spots have much better options available. While the re:pair can be used for some of these things, it is way more expensive and frankly doesn't begin to address the issues the way that simpler and less expensive options can.

Many surgeons have invested quite a bit of money in lasers such as this and want to use it, despite the fact that better options for you may be IPL treatments, botox, fillers such as Restylane and/or Juvederm and maybe a microdermabrasion. If you are being recommended this treatment at your age for these problems you need to see another cosmetic surgeon, perhaps a dermatologist as you are being misled.

Joel Schlessinger, MD
Omaha Dermatologist