Is a 600cc Breast Implant Big...period?

Iam 24 years old,I recently went in for my first consultation with my surgeon,he recommended 450cc to 500cc to get a natural look. Im not too sure if Im going to be happy with that end result my goal is to have my breast look alot fuller and round. I considered going bigger up to 600cc, but im not sure as to how big that really is considering the implant is tried on over ur breast.What may be the consequence of going that big since my breast size is small?can I achieve what im looking for?..

The final result will depend on your actual breast size

+2

In general, a 600 cc implant is a large one. The key issue is how much breast tissue you already have. A 600 cc implant used for an A cup with wide breast/chest diamter could only be a full C or small D cup. On the other hand if you already have a C cup,you might end by being DD or more. Good luck!

The size of the implant depends on your breast tissue

+2

It would help if you have mentioned your breast size,height and weight. In general 600 c.c is too big and your breast tissue will over stretch over time. Breast augmentation is about porportion and natural look. Addind 600 c.c to a A size breast or B size breast will result in too much tension on the skin and breast sagging few years down the road.

You may get a cosultation with a plastic surgeon that offer 3 dimentional imaging and computrer imagin (AXIS 3). This will help you to visiualize the final result with different size implant.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

600 cc are large breast implants

+1

Although it varies from person to person, generally 600 cc is on the large side of breast implants. For an average sized woman, it would increase your breasts between 3-4 cup sizes. It may also create a rather "fake" look. You definitely want to try that size implant on with a bra to see how things look. Also the added weight will cause more sagging sooner compared to a smaller implant.

Robert B. Pollack, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

600 cc is pretty big for a first time breast implant case

+1

You are looking at pretty big implants. You might be able to achieve what you desire, but without looking at you and measuring a few things I cannot tell for sure. The width of your chest, the amount of tissue available for implant coverage and the width of the chosen implant all make the difference here.

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon

Try the implants on is a bra

+1

Everey woman is different in tissue characteristics and what they have to start with and what the goal is. 600cc for a first tiem augmentation is not a small change so the best way to know is to try an appropriate implant (in terms if dimensions or base width) in a sports bra to see what you might expect.

Dr Edwards

Michael C. Edwards, MD, FACS