How Much Hyaluronidase Needed to Dissolve Juvederm in Tear Trough? (photo)

The doctor injected Juvederm in my tear troughs that I didn't ask for 2 weeks ago. He insisted I would love it and if not he can dissolve it. He injected 0.15cc only. 0.075cc on each side. Left side was very bruised and the bruise is almost gone by now. I have some swelling under my left eye. My lashes touch the skin under my eyes now as it's fuller. The doctor now says he didn't inject the filler in the tear troughs but my cheeks. How much hyaluronidase is needed to dissolve the filler?

How much hyaluronidase is required

+1

A highly trained and experienced injector such as a dermatologist will know based on how much filler has been put in, how much hyaluronidase is required. ~ Dr. Benjamin Barankin, Toronto Dermatology Centre.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

25 Units in 0.15 cc Hyaluronidase

+1

0.15 cc in a dilution of 150 units/ml would be 22.5 U.  This may be a reasonable starting dose.  Some use 50 U as a starting dose.

Juvederm under the eyes

+1

Dear alenka21

• The simple answer: enough to dissolve what you want
  • You can see the results pretty quickly
  • If you are unhappy, go back to your injector and ask for the hyaluronidase, just be sure you want it dissolved

Best regards,

Nima Shemiani

How much hyaluronidase is needed to dissolve Juvederm

+1

Quite frankly, a very small amount. Are you positive you are right about the injection amounts of the Juvederm? That would be less than enough to fill a tiny pinpoint scar, and definitely not enough to do a darn thing under the eyes or cause bruising like you have. Are you sure you don't mean you had 1.5cc, and .75cc on each side? This would be much more realistic. The amount of hyaluronidase isn't a lot, but it will depend on how much was injected of the actual filler. And you really need to clarify that part! But any good injector should be able to determine how much hyaluronidase to inject.

How much Hyaluronidase is needed to dissolve Juvederm under eyes?

+1

It depends on the amount of product to break down and the desired effect. Could be equal or less. It is variable and ultimately takes a very small amount to do the job.  .015 ML of Juvederm is a very small amount!  Other than the obvious bruise It's hard to tell from your photos exactly where the product was placed. It's probably best to let your provider make that decision.