What is the Difference Between a Regular TT and a High Definition TT?

HD TT

+2

I would like to add my opinion to DR. Marosans post.

This technique is not accepted as the latest and greatest and safest and most effective and most prudent, etc. Not infrequently, cosmetic surgery techniques show up, and then a few years later, go away for various reasons.  This is the more likely reason that prudent plastic surgeons do not do the procedure.  The statement that "It shows that not even all plastic surgeons are familiar with it", I feel is unfortunate and biased, and should be taken with a grain of salt.

I admit it, I am personally biased against the Vaser after having used it.  This type of lipo unit generates heat and has a significant risk of burns.  That fact taken with the trauma of liposuction in multiple planes of a flap that has had its vascular supply compromised by necessity, greatly in my opinion anyway, increases the risk of tissue loss and wound healing problems in general.  The back and arms are a separate procedure altogether.

I also have to take exception to the the opinion "This is a more advanced technique than a regular tummy tuck {whick} gives you an amorphous flat abdomen".  This is biased, and I can't agree.  This may be a new technique, but see my concerns above.  I don't agree that the less "advanced" techniques result in an amorphous abdomen.

I think that current tt techniques tailored to a patients needs and physical nuances and desires can safely produce an excellent result.  I also believe that if additional abdominal sculpting by liposuction is desired, it is best and most safely done at a later date when blood supply is safely re-established, and there is less physiological stress on the patient.  This is my opinion.  I place patient safety above all else.

Perhaps Dr. Marosan and a few other very talented and qualified surgeons can safely and prudently perform this advanced technique as advertised.  I think the above safety issues must also be presented along with the rosy picture that was painted to get a more balanced view.  I for one would love to know what the morbidity and mortality statistics are for this advanced procedure compared to the widely accepted and successful tummy tucks that have made so many so happy, and have been performed so safely.

Check out my tummy tuck pics.

Regular vs Hi Def Tummy tuck, is there a difference?

+2

Thank you for your question. There's a difference between the two procedures, it is not just a fancy term that someone made up. It shows that not even all plastic surgeons are familiar with it. I do VASER Hi Def tummy tucks. Not everyone is a good candidate for this procedure. You must be healthy and have a BMI<30. With my tummy tuck procedures, I do VASER liposuction of the whole back, arms and abdomen. On the abdomen, the VASER is used both in the superficial and deep fat compartment to sculpt out the lateral edge of the rectus muscles, create negative spaces just lateral to them in the mid abdomen and inside the pelvic rim. Once this is done, the muscle fascia is plicated or tightened and the lower abdominal excess skin is removed. This is a more advanced technique than a regular tummy tuck whick gives you an amorphous flat abdomen. See a board certified plastic surgeon familiar and skilled in this technique for an in person consultation. Good luck.

George Marosan, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

+2

This high definition tummy tuck may be a term coined by someone, but, like anything else, pictures are the final delineator.  I did not study this at Harvard, so I am unsure of its nature or its efficacy.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tucks and liposuction procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

High definition tummy tuck is just a variation of an abdominoplasty.

+1

There are many variations to an abdominoplasty. This highfalutin term is just a variation on the operation. Make sure you understand what specifically your surgeon is going to do at the time of your operation. Make sure you understand the risks as well.

Hi def tummy tuck

+1

The difference in one word: marketing. Beyond that probably not a lot. Many plastic surgeons do different things to improve results in tummy tucks, whether it is liposuction or muscle tightening. It probably falls under those categories but sounds like a sales pitch more than anything revolutionary.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

+1

Dear Esmitiempo,

Thank you for your question.  Surgeons have their own 'modifications' of tummy tucks. The surgeon below uses a form of liposuction to define parts of the belly so that it is shapely and not just flat.  I do something similar with direct excision or 'defining' details of the abdomen with a scaple.  I feel this is safer and less traumatic to the tissue, but every surgeon has their own opinion.  The following link is an example of a procedure I call 'tummytuck'. =)

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Standard vs. HI Def abdominoplasty

+1

Possible an attempt to define the abdominal muscular structure by liposuctioning lateral along the lateral border of the rectus muscles and along the lines that give the 6 pack appearance combined with a standard abdominoplasty.   Not appropriate for all patients but may be beneficial for some.  

High lateral tension tummy tuck works well.

+1

Hi.

"High Definition" is just a phrase.  You may be thinking of high lateral tension tummy tuck, which is effective in narrowing the waist.  Not mentioned in video, but commonly done.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)