Will Fillers for Under Eye Hollows Work for Me? (photo)

My under eye hollows have been bothering me for years now. I feel like in the past year or two they have gotten much worse and more hallow! I look tired all the time, and I look sad. I am only 26. My skin is very very thin. As you can see in the photos, some small green veins are visible in my under eye area- that is how thin it is. I am afraid that fillers may worsen the problem, or create bags. I appreciate some advice regarding my options and the risks involved. Thank you.

Restylane for Under Eye Treatment

+1

Hi Sarahmay.  You are a candidate for Restylane injections under the eyes.  We have other patients that are very young that have undergone the procedure and been very happy with the results.  

Restylane fills the area to improve the counter.  Instead of looking hollowed out, there is a smoother and fuller transition from lower lid to cheek.  In addition, because of the filling affect, you can get an improvement in the color.  

If you view the before and after pictures at the link below, you will see others like you that have benefited from this procedure.  We are located in orange County (city of Orange) and would be happy to offer a free consultation.

Fillers will work for under eye hollows

+1

Using a filler for under eye hollows is becoming very popular. You get instant results and with the new cannula method of placing the product, it's pretty much pain-free with only infrequent instances of bruising.

Congenital hollowing represent a deficiency of fat that you were probably born with. People who are older tend to lose fat in that area as well.

Restylane is a best first treatment choice. It's a clear gel and easily injected at a depth that means you should not see the filler at all, just the improvement.

As to the darkness, that is partially a result of the thinness of your skin. You will see some improvement in "color" simply because the light will no longer bounce off the surrounding higher areas, but will reflect more smoothly since the filler lifts the sunken area.. (I'll assume you get enough rest, eat healthily and do not have an iron deficiency - all which can contribute to looking tired.)

Do take care in selecting a physician. Under eye treatment will "show" if injected in the wrong plane and an experienced injector knows how to treat that area safely. The goal is to provide an undetectable correction that looks completely natural.

Another plus of Restylane is that is can be dissolved if for some reason you don't like it. The correction in that area will usually last about a year.

Rebecca Fitzgerald, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologist

A well-performed Injectable Filler treatment may lead to improvement in the appearance of your lower eyelids.

+1

I read your concerns and reviewed your photos. You appear to have thin lower eyelid skin which may be unforgiving. You should be certain your physician is experienced in the delicate art of using fillers for under eye rejuvenation.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hollow lower lids

+1

The hollowness of your lower lids may be possbily treated satisfactorily with fillers. As for the color change...unlikely.

Dark Circles Under Eyes

+1

Thank you for providing the photographs with several views to look over.  You are 100% correct in that your skin is very thin and showing some of the darker hue of the veins traveling underneath.  Filling the hollows underneath the eyelids can improve the shadows and contours, but does not fully correct the skin darkening.  Sometimes adding a lightening agent like hyrdoquinone can improve the color of the skin. 

There are several available options to improve the tear trough but I think best treatment is Restylane.  This injectable can be placed with blunt cannulas deep against the bone to minimize bruising and swelling.  This would make a nice improvement for you.  If for any reason you are unhappy with Restylane a different medicine can be injected to reverse it. 

Hope this helps.

Christopher Kolstad, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon