Least Irritating Eyelash Growth Product?

Which is less irritating Li Lash or Latisse? I could not use Revitalash. Thanks

True growth of your own eyelashes

+1

Hi there-

Latisse is a one-of-a-kind product... There is no other that will truly cause growth of your own lashes the way Latisse will.

Irritation is short term and uncommon when used as directed.

Any eyelash growth product, either Latisse of LiLash, can irritate

+1

Depending on the sensitivity of your skin and eyes, either product has the potential to create some unwanted irritation.

Proper application will lessen the potential. Most people don't have a problem and those who do generally find it short-lived.

With Latisse you are not dipping a potentially contaminated brush back into the container, so that further reduces the incidence of cross infection which can sometimes occur with a closed "dip in" style product vial.

Latisse is sold by physicians so you are getting an FDA approved product and the medical expertise of a doctor who knows what potential reasons there may be for a particular patient NOT to use this type product.

I don't have personal experience with LiLash, but as an Ophthalmologist, I always steer my patients toward products that have been proven safe through clinical studies, so I'll stand by Latisse as a first choice.

Nasrin Mani, MD
La Jolla Ophthalmologist

Least irritating eyelash growth product

+1

Latisse is the only FDA-approved product for eyelash growth. While it can cause eyelid irritation, this is not especially common and the irritation that occurs is rarely severe enough to merit discontinuation of the medicine.

For most patients, after one bottle of Latise has been used, eyelash growth is usually impressive and it turns out that most people do not need to use Latisse every day. In fact, once a week may be sufficient to maintain long eyelashes. So the chances for irritation greatly diminish with less frequent use AND the cost of maintainenance is dramatically reduced!

David Van Dam, MD
Chicago Dermatologist

Latisse is the only FDA approved eyelash growth product

+1

Irritation with both Li Lash and Latisse vary by patient, but Latisse is the safe and smart choice when it comes to eyelash growth products, simply because it's the only FDA approved product.

Other products, such as Li Lash and Revitalash, used to contain similar products to the active ingredient of Latisse, but the formula was changed after the FDA mandated it. So the active ingredient (prostaglandin medication) of Latisse is no longer found in the over the counter products.

Stick with Latisse for safety and effectiveness. Some irritation is common in the first couple of weeks, but usually resolves.

Chad L. Prather, MD
Baton Rouge Dermatologic Surgeon

Latisse for eyelash growth

+1

Latisse is the best product for eyelash growth and is FDA approved for this purpose. Irritation is an individual response but is typically not too problematic with Latisse.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon