Nose Irregularities After Rhinoplasty

i had my first goretex rhinoplasty. My first week after the splint was removed, i noticed that the left side of the nose has is hollow, meaning there is not much muscle tissue (i think so) in it, i guess because of the skin was tighten and heighted. Will new tissue grow in side of my nose?

Gortex Rhinoplasty

+1

Although Gortex is easy to remove, I prefer to augment with the patient's own tissue. You did not lose muscle secondary to the implant. If  you  have waited the necessary 9-12 months since your original operation and want  improvement, you can have injection of fillers for a temporary result , the addition of more Gortex, or the removal of your Gortex and placement of cartilage and fascia grafts.

Nose after rhinoplasty

+1

Hard to say without knowing full history.  New tissue will not grow in most likely, but things that feel tight will probably sofen with time.

Nose irregularities after rhinoplasty

+1

Get a revision or a filler on the left side of your result. Thanks for the photo it helps determine our answers.

Best of luck from MIAMI Dr. B

Nasal hollowing after gore-tex implant.

+1

If it is over a year, you will need a revision. I personally don't like goretex implants as they can be very difficult to remove. I prefer cartilage instead. In 35 years of rhinoplasty, I have used cartilage which has many advantages over gore-tex. Get a second opinion from an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon.

Nose Irregularities after Gortex Implant

+1

Hi,

The shadow effect is from the placement of the gortex implant not loss of tissue. This will probably not change over time unless it is revised.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS