Irregular Shaped Areola After Lift, Will It Heal Normal? (photo)

Help! After having my implants removed, along with a full lift, my right breast has a very irregular shaped aerola, it is more diamond shaped than round. My breast has a pulling, rippling look to it on one side. The left is much more rounded and looks normal. I am 3 weeks post op, I know it's very early to worry, but I am concerned it will not look normal.

Incision Separation Following Breast Lift

+1

Incision separation after breast lift usually heals without any adverse consequence.   Contour irregularities following breast lift are usually more pronounced in the early postoperative period when swelling is more prominent.

Incision appears to be separated

+1

Thank you for the question and photos.  I think most will agree that there appears to be some separation of the skin at the border of the areola and breast skin.  I cannot be certain why this is from the photos alone.  Having your plastic surgeon take a look and make sure that there is not something that he/she needs to do to improve the healing process.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Irregular Shaped Areola After Lift,

+1

The first post op photo with the steri-strips all in place looks like you have a nice outcome. The next show some separation of the areola from the surrounding skin, which I would expect to heal uneventfully and should have an appearance much like the left areola. 

Three weeks is early. Do continue to follow regularly with your surgeon. Very occasionally a minor touch up which can usually be done in the office under local anesthesia is needed to tweak the final result.

Thanks for your question, and for the photos. Best wishes.

Areola shape after breast lifting

+1

It takes time for healing to take place after breast lift surgery.  It looks like your surgeon has brought your breasts to an excellent and balanced position with the breast lift.  Give things time to settle in and stay in close communication with your surgeon.  If a minor adjustment is necessary, it is relatively easy to accomplish usually under local anesthesia.

John Q. Cook, MD

Areola irregularity

+1

At three weeks post-op most likely you have alot of swelling and this should get better with time. If the areola shape does not improve sometimes a revision is required. Follow closely with your surgeon.

Concerns about Areola Symmetry after Breast Lifting?

+1

Congratulations on having undergone the breast surgery recently; based on your pictures it is not appear that you are experiencing any major complication. You are correct in that it is too early to evaluate the final aesthetic results of the surgery.  I would suggest that you be patient and evaluate the results of surgery many months (even up to one year) from now. Worse case  scenario may be that minor revisionary surgery will be necessary to improve the shape/symmetry of the areola.

Hello

+1

From your pictures everything looks normal. It takes time for all the skin and muscle to relax and go back to normal  .All the puckers and pleads will end up resolving on there own. It takes 6-9 months for everything to fall into place.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS