Can Irregular Nostrils Be Fixed?

I had my first and only nose job exactly half a year ago to fix a parrot beak deformity, otherwise my nose was very regular and symmetric. Now I have very asymmetric nostril that give my face a hideous look. Is there any way to fix this? Dr. put rim and tip grafts. How long do I have to wait? Thanks

Irregular nostrils be fixed?

If your nostrils are asymmetrical following rhinoplasty, there may be a number of potential causes which include but not are limited to a natural asymmetry that was not detected or corrected, a deviated nasal septum (at the very “caudal” end), asymmetrical cartilage excision, suturing or implant placement, etc. In general, it is best to wait perhaps 9 to 12 months from the time of your surgery to consider a corrective revision, if necessary. As always, it is best to have your procedure performed by an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon.

Freehold Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fixing Irregular Nostrils

Ireregular nostils after alar rim and tip grafts can be improved with revision surgery if necessary. Wait 9-12 months before surgery with your surgeon or an individual experienced in revision rhinoplasty.

Irregularity of nostrils

I would say that you should wait a year from your original surgery before undergoing a revision.  Adjusting rim discrepancies may be possible.

Irregular nostrils be fixed

Yes, the irregularity of the nostril can be corrected in another surgery at this time. Please find a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon.

From MIAMI DR. B

Asymmetry in rhinoplasty healing.

This is common for 1 year. If there is still noticeable asymmetry, see an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon to fix it.

Revision for Nostril Asymetry

Hi,

You can have a revision after one year from the first surgery. You will probably need your alar rim grafts removed and the tip graft revised. Fixing asymmetric nostrils is a very tricky surgery and is not exact. So expect a slight improvement.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS