Numbness Under Chin and Neck?

I’m 48 years old and had cosmetic surgery 5 years ago. Lower face/neck lift, No under chin lipo, quite underweight. I am still completely numb in the area under my chin going down my central throat to the sides of my jaw. The surgeon made a 2cm incision under my chin something which wasn't even discussed or consented to before surgery. I'd really appreciate any explanation as to what type of damage can cause this extensive numbness.

Post Neck Lift Numbness

+1

Thank you for your question. This incision is usually made to better tighten up the neck muscles during a face/neck lift. That you still have numbness is very unusual as we use this approach, and this is not a common issue. Follow up with your doctor and see if they have any perspective on this, as they know what was done. I hope this helps.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Nerve injury after neck lift

+1

always occurs when the skin is elevated off of the underlying muscle.  The incision under your chin is standard for that procedure.  Most people recover to where its not an issue.  Unfortunately you have not.  There is no 'damage' in my opinion but just a known risk of the procedure.

Curtis Wong, MD