I Had Iritis 10 Years Ago, Can I Use Latisse Safely?

I had a single incidence of Iritis 10 years ago and it has not recurred. Am I able to use Latisse, or bimatoprost safely? I am 48 years old and am not on any other medication.

Latisse use after 10 years ago having Iritis...

+1

Yes, it is ok to use Latisse at this time.

Dr. Grant Stevens

Using Latisse with a history of Iritis

+1

Because your Iritis (Uveitis) was a single incidence and over 10 years ago, you should be fine to use Latisse.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Iritis and latisse

+1

i would not use latisse as normally prescribed, as it often falls in the eye off the lash, which causes redness from an inflammatory mechanism. the last thing you need as a former iritis inflammation is more inflammatory triggers in your eye. the dermatologist who replied is correct that the risk is almost zero, but not exactly zero. alternatively, you can at least try latissse, and if it doesn't cause inflammation and redness in your eye, you're safe to use it. if it does cause this, all you need to do is stop it, and at the worst might just need a very short course of topical steroid drops to make the redness and inflammation go away

Emil Chynn, MD
New York Ophthalmologist

Using Latisse with a history of iritis

+1

You can use Latisse safely now as your episode of iritis was a single incidence and was quite some time ago. Side effects from the initial Latisse studies showed less than 4 percent of patients experienced redness, irritation and itching of the upper eyelid, which was reversed upon discontinuation. The irritation can sometimes lead to darkening of the skin on the upper eyelid where the Latisse has been applied. There have also been no confirmed reports of iris pigmentation issues.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon