What Exactly Is Wrong With My Nose?? Do I Require Surgery?? (photo)

Sometimes I feel that my nose has changed shape!I have always had a bump on one side but I'm pictures my nose appears to be wider and asymmetric! Would you recommend a rhinoplasty for me?I have no problem breathing and sometimes get sinus pain!

What's wrong with my nose, do I need surgery

+2

You are attractive, have a very proportional nose and face.  I would recommend no nasal surgery.  Don't take unnecessary risks arising from surgery.

Cincinnati Facial Plastic Surgeon

Video imaging is a good way to see if a rhinoplasty is for you.

+2

Any changes in your nose that you think would make you happier open the possibility for surgery. To find out if you like the way you would look with those changes video imaging would be quite useful.

What Exactly Is Wrong With My Nose?? Do I Require Surgery??

+1

The hump can be reduced, and the nasal dorsum can be narrowed as well.   Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Rhinoplasty to address asymmetry and nasal hump

+1

A hump and asymmetries along the bridge on can be addressed with rhinoplasty by a combination of  shaving off the asymmetrical hump, and osteotomies.  A minor amount of tip work then may be required as well. Virtual rhinoplasty software is available on our website for you to try out, to see what your new knows might look like. Any sinus-related issues need to be addressed prior to the surgery with a CAT scan of the sinuses. Please see the link below for examples of noses we have repaired in our practice similar  to your own.

Candidate for a rhinoplasty

+1

You certainly have features that can be corrected with a rhinoplasty.  The next step is to be examined by a plastic surgeon. If you are having airway issues this can also be assessed.  

+1

YES! a rhinoplasty would correct these issues. I see a tip issue and a "open roof" deformity in the dorsum. Best to seek IN PERSON opinions. 

What exactly is wrong with my nose? Do I require surgery?

+1

I would recommend a consultation with a board certified rhinoplasty specialist. They will be able to examine your nose in person and provide you with advice. They may also use computer imaging software to morph a photo of your nose, which can give you an idea of how the final result of surgery may appear. After an exam, you will able to get an idea of whether surgery would be appropriate. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Rhinoplasty for a more feminine nose.

+1

Rhinoplasty for a more feminine nose would make your nose narrower with a more refined tip, etc. choose a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does natural noses. 

Nasal issues

+1

An exam in person is essential to be able to visualize several different views, evaluate your skin envelope, and perform an internal exam.  Based upon this and your goals will determine if a rhinoplasty is suitable for you.

+1

Rhinoplasty is certainly something you could discuss with an expert rhinoplasty surgeon. Your nose could be narrowed and the shoulders that you notice making the upper portion of your nose removed. Other changes, if you desired could also be made. It's great that you breathe well. A well planned and performed rhinoplasty should not change that. With regard to occasional sinus pain you should not expect a rhinoplasty to change that. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon