Will Surgeons Charge for Revision if Pocket Needs Enlarging?

I see my surgeon for my 6 month post op check next week. My implants have still not dropped despite going back to an ace bandage again, vigorous massage & stopping all upper body excercise. At my last visit he said a revision may be necessary to enlarge the pocket. Does the surgeon/clinic cover the cost if this revision is required or does the patient pay? I will discuss it in detail with my surgeon next week but I wanted to get an idea of what the policy is in other centres. Thanks for your time

Revision of breast augmentation

+1

The cost of doing a revision is something to discuss with your surgeon's office. Each office has a different revision policy.

Breast Augmentation Revision Cost

+1

If a revision needs to be made, I do not charge a surgeon's fee.  The OR and the Anesthesiologist still charge their fees for the operating room and anesthesiology time.  Good luck!  K. Roxanne Grawe, MD Columbus Plastic Surgeon

K. Roxanne Grawe, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

+1

What the policy is for other centers will have no bearing on your surgeon's policy. From conversations with colleagues, and responses I have seen on RealSelf, I would say almost all surgeons charge for operating room and anesthesia, at cost. Many or most will either charge a reduced professional fee or none at all for this sort of revision. Hope that helps. 

All the best.