Will Surgeons Charge for Revision if Pocket Needs Enlarging?

I see my surgeon for my 6 month post op check next week. My implants have still not dropped despite going back to an ace bandage again, vigorous massage & stopping all upper body excercise. At my last visit he said a revision may be necessary to enlarge the pocket. Does the surgeon/clinic cover the cost if this revision is required or does the patient pay? I will discuss it in detail with my surgeon next week but I wanted to get an idea of what the policy is in other centres. Thanks for your time

Revision of breast augmentation

+1

The cost of doing a revision is something to discuss with your surgeon's office. Each office has a different revision policy.

Breast Augmentation Revision Cost

+1

If a revision needs to be made, I do not charge a surgeon's fee.  The OR and the Anesthesiologist still charge their fees for the operating room and anesthesiology time.  Good luck!  K. Roxanne Grawe, MD Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Web reference: http://www.roxyplasticsurgery.com

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

+1

What the policy is for other centers will have no bearing on your surgeon's policy. From conversations with colleagues, and responses I have seen on RealSelf, I would say almost all surgeons charge for operating room and anesthesia, at cost. Many or most will either charge a reduced professional fee or none at all for this sort of revision. Hope that helps. 

All the best.