Lump in Breast 6weeks After Augmentation?

I had breast augmentation 6 weeks ago & so far everything has been going well. I started massaging as instructed by my surgeon & when massaging I have found a small lump in my breast, it's my own breast tissue at the front close to my nipple. It is smaller then a pea but quite hard. I am very worried as my mum had breast cancer. I have contacted my surgeon & he is seeing me in a couple of days but I am sick with worry while I wait. Can lumps be part of the healing/settling process at all?

Lump Six Weeks after Breast Augmentation

+1

Depending upon the approach taken and the amount of breast tissue prior to augmentation and the relative depth of the lesion, this may be scar tissue.  However, you need to be examined by your plastic surgeon.

Lump 6 wks after breast augmentation

+1

I think that the best thing to do is to go for an exam with your surgeon. I can only hypothesize what it is without more information.

Hello

+1

Sorry there is nothing we can say on here to calm your nerves. Without an exam it is very hard to determine what it can be. Did you have a mammogram before your surgery?

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Lump

+1

More than likely this is post surgical especially if at your preoperative breast exam it was not there. I would not worry about it now but see your surgeon as scheduled. They can make the best determination whether it can be observed or further testing is needed.

Scott R. Brundage, MD
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Lump in breast after augmentation

+1

This is likely a lymph node or scar tissue from surgery. Regardless, this needs to be checked out by your surgeon

John Squires, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Lump in Breast 6weeks After Augmentation

+1

I don't want to give false reassurance, but it is quite common for patients and surgeons to be able to feel small nodules in the breast after implants are placed. The implants splays out the breast tissue , and lifts it away from the chest wall, make it quite a bit easier to palpate. Many of my patients report that they could now feel things in the breast that only their OBGYN could feel before implants. 

Do visit with your surgeon for an evaluation, and a referral if needed. Thanks and best wishes.

"Lump" Detected after Breast Augmentation?

+1

I'm sorry to hear about the anxiety you are experiencing. If possible, you may want to follow-up with your primary care doctor even sooner than what is scheduled with your plastic surgeon. Given your description, these doctors may want to order imaging studies to evaluate the area of concern.

You are doing the right thing by seeking immediate evaluation. Best wishes; hopefully the area of concern will turn out to be a benign lesion.

Lump in Breast after Augmentation

+1

It is important that you follow up with your surgeon.  He may want you to see a Breast Specialist for an examination, just to be on the safe side.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD