Healing Well After TT Can I Go on a Relaxing Cruise 7 Weeks Later? (photo)

Had a TT 3 wks ago and I have a cruise booked for 4 wks time, I'm healing really well and getting about fine, to be honest the op was more about removing scar tissue /lumpiness from botched lipo and my ps removed excess skin. I'm 120lbs, never smoked and i eat healthy.would you recommend my cruise or not?

Bon voyage

+1

as if you were my patient, I would endorse taking such a trip.  In fact, my patients can resume most activities without restrictions at 6 weeks post-op.  As mentioned, avoid sun exposure to your scars and enjoy the trip!  I can't think of anything that could happen acutely that would require surgery at that point in your recovery.

Care of Abdominoplasty after surgery

+1

Yes you should be able to go on a cruise 7 weeks after an abdominoplasty.  However your abdomen is tight and the incisions are likely to spread with time.  I would use paper tape and tape longitudinally for at least three months after surgery to reduce the likelihood of scars spreading.  This also helps to reduce UV exposure.  If you had abdominal muscle tightening then you should wear a snug corset to reduce the chance the sutures used to tighten the abdominal musculature may tear through or stretch.  I would wear the corset for at least 3-6 months.  Also pressure from the corset on the scar will also prevent hypertrophic scarring.

Benjamin Chu, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Cruise after a tummy tuck?

+1

I generally tell my patients that provided all goes smoothly with their recovery they can do anything they want 6 weeks after a tummy tuck with no restrictions.  I would strongly recommend no tanning of the incisions for at least 6 months, ideally a year.

Sacha Obaid, MD

Cruise after tummy tuck

+1

By seven weeks postoperative, you should be able to partake in most activities.  Going on a cruise should not be a problem.  You should cover the scars still, until they are no longer pink or red (zinc ointment is best to apply under your bathing suit or using sun screen hourly or any time you get out of the water.

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Cruising after Tummy Tuck?

+1

Congratulations on having undergone the tummy tuck procedure. Of course, your plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to precise advice about postoperative activity; remember, that he/she is ultimately responsible for your care.

Having said that, considering that you seem to be doing quite well, I do not think that you  will have a problem proceeding with a “relaxing cruise” in 4 weeks.

Healing Well After TT Can I Go on a Relaxing Cruise 7 Weeks Later?

+1

Enjoy your cruise, cover the scars when exposed to the sun with sun block of at least SPF 30, and apply it hourly. All the best.