Breast Implants Not Dropping 3 Months Post Op? (photo)

I had breast augmentation done 3 months ago, 330cc under the muscle silicone moderate profile. Although they have dropped a little they are still more full in the upper pole and I am starting to worry as they dont seem to have fully dropped. I have read about the pocket not being created correctly and I hope this hasnt happened to me. I am due to see my surgeon again in 2 weeks, I would value some other opinions so I know what I am talking about when I see him. I worry I may need a revision?

Breast Implants Not Dropping 3 Months Post Op?

+2

Great after posted photos but need to compare to before photos! I assume you had some slight asymmetry? But the result is uneven and you could consider a donut lift or even larger implants. Discuss with your surgeon. 

Implants not dropping

+2

I agree with you that the implants could stand to be a little lower. They might still be able to come down with vigorous massage but check with your surgeon. If for whatever they don't it shouldn't be difficult to have a short surgical revision to correct them. Good luck.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Implants and position

+2

The implants look like they are moving in the pocket nicely.  They may take some more time to drop a bit more.  They will probably change more over teh next few months. If you have concerns, then speak with your surgeon.

Breast implants not dropping up to three months

+2

330 cc implants are not that large however it seems to me that you have a small chest frame. It's also possible that you're developing capsular contracture pushing the implants up. In any case 3 months is quite early. When you see yoursurgeon during postop visit in 2 weeks, see what he thinks. If I were your surgeon, my advise would be to wait at least another six months. By being patient with the implant settling, you may be able to avoid additional surgery.

Raj Chowdary, MD
Allentown Plastic Surgeon

Pocket development should be dictated by pre-op discussion with your surgeon

+2

The placement of the implant can certainly vary by how your pocket was dissected - this is an important and vital part of your pre-op discussion with your surgeon.  I would discuss this with your surgeon - only he knows how your pocket was developed.

W. Tracy Hankins, MD

Breast Implants Not Dropping 3 Months Post Op

+2

These can continue to drop for  longer than just three months. A pectoral strap, an elastic band that puts gentle and constant downward pressure on the implants may help this along. Discuss with your surgeon. All the best. 

Wait

+1
Your implants will drop after about three to four months, but it could take a little longer. I don't think you should be concerned as your photos show great results so far.

As your body accommodates to your new implants, you’ll notice that your breasts will gradually look more and more natural – the way you hoped they’d be! Your body creates new skin to accommodate the additional volume of your implants. This natural process is called “tissue expansion”.

Tissue expansion allows for the implants to settle more into a better position with the help of gravity. A gradual redistribution of volume from the upper to the lower breast occurs, resulting in an enlargement and rounding out of the lower breast.

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Breast implants dropping at 3 months.

+1
Thank you for the photos. In general it may take 6 months to a year or so to have the implants finally fall into place. Good that you are seeing your board certified plastic surgeon and let him/her know what is going on. Every surgeon may have their own protocol for message, etc;.

Jeffrey Roth, MD

Implants Need To Drop More

+1

With aggressive massage, the implants may drop from montths 3 through 6.  If they have not changed by 6 months, you may want to consider surgery.  Without an exam or at least preoperative pictures, the choice of whether to lower the implants or to perform a lift or both is a bit uncertain.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Breast implants that are too high

+1

Yes according to the photos your implants still look too high but at least they look fairly symmetrical.  The size of the implant is not too large but I would guess you had a transaxillary approach.  If this approach is done and the inferior origins of the pectoralis muscle were not divided the pectoralis muscle acts as a muscular sling and may take a very long time for the implants to drop or not ever drop.  If you flex your pectoralis muscle and the implants displace upwards or laterally a lot then the pectoralis muscle is acting as a sling and the implants will take a very long time to drop.  It would be best to discuss this with your surgeon.   

Benjamin Chu, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon