Risk of Lidocaine With Incomplete Right Bundle Branch Block?

I was planning to have liposuction surgery, its under local and without sedation it is 90 minutes with is less, it is a revision to a prior one which left me with a deformity, when i did my ecg the machine diagnosed me with incomplete right bundle branch block, then the doctor checked and said i was fine, i also met a cardiologist who said after echo and stress its minor i read that lidocaine is a contraindication to a block online, is that true and should i go ahead? is it high risk?

Bundle branch block and lidocaine

+1

I think the safest thing for you to do is to have the surgeon tell you how much lidocaine he is planning on using in his tumescent fluid and then tell the cardiologist ad see what he says. I think the issue in your case is that performing it and you having a cardiac event in a location where monitoring might be little to none and no easily accessible cardiologist or someone trained in ACLS is a point to ponder.

Lidocaine risk with incomplete right bundle branch block.

+1

Thank you for your question.  This is a very important question that MUST be addressed and answered  by your cardiologist and your board certified plastic surgeon. You may also wish to get a board certified anesthesiologist involved in the discussion as well.  Generally speaking, lidocaine  is contra-indicated in an incomplete right branch block.    Your specific case/question is not something that can be answered in this forum. 

Donald M. Brown, MD

Liposuction

+1

The best person to answer this is the cardiologist who did your tests for surgery.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD