Had Doctor Made my Nostrils Too Small?

i had surgery 40 days ago.i think i am having breathing problem doctor narrowed my nostrils, i think new nose holes are small, can he make them bigger?

Small nostrils after rhinoplasty

+5

40 days is still very soon after your surgery, and you are still experiencing swelling. It would be best to speak with your physician at this time, as he/she knows the extent of your surgery and exactly what was performed. Thank you, and good luck.

Dr. Nassif

Swelling after Rhinoplasty- It takes a Year...

+3

40 Days and 40 Nights may be enough to cleanse the Earth, but it is not enough time for your swelling to resolve after surgery!   Wait, wait, wait.  If your breathing problem is at night (mainly) consider getting some of the adhesive nasal strips from your local drugstore.  That will help while the swelling is resolving.  

Claudio DeLorenzi, MD

Had Doctor Made my Nostrils Too Small?

+2

Hello Amin,

Did you ask the doctor to make your nostrils smaller?  They look symmetric and yes, give it time for swelling on the inside and outside to resolve, and I think you'll be fine.  Discuss this with your doctor and if still having problems, it can be reversed potentially.  I operate in Iran and have noticed a wide range of philosophies and techniques there. 

Ramtin Kassir, MD, Facial Plastic Surgeon, NY, NJ

Ramtin Kassir, MD

Small Nostrils after Rhinoplasty

+2

At 40 days post-op you do have swelling which will improve. Have your surgeon examine you to determine the cause of your breathing problem.

my Nostrils Too Small

+2

Too early bto tell but thanks for the photos. I recommend waiting for a 3 to 6 month time frame, than make your decision. From MIAMI , Dr. Darryl J. Blinski, 305 598 0091

Small nostrils after rhinoplasty likely due to swelling

+2

It is too early to tell if your nostrils are too small because you are still swollen. Because you have thick skin, it will probably take you close to a year for all the swelling to resolve. If you are having trouble breathing through your nose, discuss this with your surgeon. They may want to consider a short course of oral steroids to help with the postoperative swelling.

Theda C. Kontis, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nostril issue

+2

It is tough to say whether or not your nostrils are too small. Being about 6 wks out from surgery is too early to assess this questions because the tissues are still swollen.

Rhinoplasty and Nostrils

+2

Had Doctor Made my Nostrils Too Small?

Your nostrils do appear a bit tight, but the doctor did not per se make it smaller.  What it appears is that he increased the projection of the tip and by doing this it pulls the alae, the skin outside the holes inward.  You are also pretty swollen given that you are only 40 days out from your surgery.  I would suggest waiting until about 6-12 months and assess the situation then.

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD