Will an IPR make a significant difference/ help fix my protruding teeth? (photo)

#IPR, will it work?

+1
I wish I had another photo, but based on the one provided, I would say that IPR may work great for your bottom, if needed, but not so great for the top teeth.  In other words, IPR alone will probably not create enough room on the top to eliminate your the crowding on top.  You might benefit more from an extraction or two on the top to allow enough space for the neighboring teeth to move.  Good luck to you and I hope this helps. "Follow" me on Real Self to ask more questions.
Sarah Thompson, DMD
St. Louis, MO

Saint Louis Cosmetic Dentist

IPR would not be a quick fix

+1
IPR is a mild treatment to improve the appearance of triangular teeth, reduce black triangles between the teeth, and provide a short space for movement. Significant overjets or overbites are more dependent on your jaw structure and the amount of room that is given for the root to be repositioned. IPR is most likely not a quick fix in your situation.

Michael Tam, BDS
Australia Cosmetic Dentist

IPR and protrusion

+1

orthodontists need space for two reasons...to unravel crooked teeth and to retract protrusive teeth.  The amount of space you would need to do both of those things in your case may be beyond what IPR can provide...sometimes tooth extractions are necessary

Robert Waxler, DMD, MS
Saint Louis Orthodontist