Will IPL Work for Port Wine Stain?

Will IPL work to remove port wine stains? I found on line following hair removal model with special lamp for skin discolorations? Model: VISS IPL Skin Rejuvenation Lamp Cartridge Model No.: SR050110 Voltage: 100–240 V Frequency: 50–60 Hz

IPL for Port Wine Stain

+1

Thanks for the question.

You may see a modest improvement in your port wine stain with IPL Treatments. Alternative treatments with proven efficacy include pulsed dye lasers and combination treatment of pulsed dye laser with Nd:Yag lasers. My recommendation is to visit a board certified dermatologist in your area who has a practice emphasis in treatment of these types of lesions.

Warmest Regards,

Glenn Vallecillos, MD, FACS

IPL for treatment of Port Wine Stains?

+1

In theory IPL should work to improve port wine stains. With regard to efficacy, you will see much better results with the use of a pulsed dye laser.

Not sure about the utility of the device you listed in your question for the effective treatment of port wine stains.

Anifat Balogun, MD

IPL Work for Port Wine Stain

+1

Worth a try but the better lasers for the "port wine" stains are available. Seek consult with laser dermatologist in your area. Best of luck. Remember it may take many treatments.