Can I Do IPL While Nursing?

IPL and nursing

+1

I recommend waiting to do IPL treatment once you are done with nursing.  Your hormone levels are still elevated while nursing and this may increase the risks for pigment issues with IPL treatment.

IPL and nursing

+1

There is no problem having IPL treatments while you are nursing.  Remember to use sun protection after your treatments.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

IPL and nursing

+1

I have treated many patients in my office with IPL who are nursing. There are no issue with it, nor are there adverse affects in the literature or from the manufacturers.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

IPL for age spots and hyperpigmentation

+1

There should be no adverse effects on IPL on nursing.  There are no negative effects after the procedure is complete.  I would recommend one to three sessions to improve results with the IPL in my office. Surgery90210

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS