IPL Vs Genesis Laser for Facial Spider Veins Effective?

I recently purchased a package of 2 IPL treatments to treat redness and to get rid of a few spider veins on my nose and cheeks. I had my first IPL treatment 2 weeks ago. It was so painful that the PA had to talk me into continuing.Only at the end did she mention numbing cream. When I refused to schedule the 2nd treatment, the nurse recommended I try Genesis laser instead. Question: Am I better off using the numbing cream and IPL vs the Genesis laser for spider veins?

Facial spider veins

Neither treatment is great for spider veins. The laser that does Genesis also has a setting for vein removal. That's what you want.

Fresno Oculoplastic Surgeon