Will IPL Worsen Thyroid Problems?

I have an underactive thyroid, which I'm prescribed thyroxine for. I'm considering buying a home IPL hair removal system, however, it states on the 'do not use if' list if you have any thyroid dissorder. But after reading other posts on this site, the experts seem to give different advice. If you already have thyroid problems could IPL affect it further?

Home IPL and thyroid disease

+2

All devices have a long list of precautions and I cannot recommend you to do something against the product label. IPLs do not penetrate very deep and home machines are even less. They are worried about you increasing blood flow to the area of your thyroid if you treat over the mid neck. Therefore, just stay away from that area.

Montclair Plastic Surgeon