Photosensitivity After IPL Treatment?

I had an IPL treatment for a mole on my nose. I wore protective goggles and closed my eyes, but I could still see the flash from the light. Is that normal? Afterwards, my eye has been sensitive to light, and when I read, the white background behind the words seem to stick out. Is this permanent eye damage?

Should not have caused permanent eye damage

+1

IPL should not cause permanent eye damage. You might check with an ophthalmologist if this problem persists for a few more days. This would be ensure that the IPL did nto trigger another eye condition.

Another suggestion would be to make sure that the goggles you wore are applicable to the IPL treatment that you underwent.

Virginia Beach Dermatologist