IPL Treatment for Teenager? (photo)

I'm 16 and I have a lot of freckles on my cheeks. They spread like crazy! Should I use ipl laser treatment and how much does it usually cost? When is the best time to do? 'cuz I must go to school.

Hi There,

Here is a link to the average cost of IPL reported by our IPL community members.

Hopefully this helps!

IPL for freckles?

+1

Hi Koizora.  Although an IPL treatment is a possibility, we would reach for a q-switched laser instead.  Q-switched lasers are much more powerful than IPl and can lead to permanent (rather than temporary with IPL) removal of the freckles.  

Because q-switched lasers are designed to removal birthmarks and tattoos, they very easily treat freckles.  You can click on the link below to see patients that have been treated with q-switched lasers for freckles and age spots.

We are located in Los Angeles and offer free consultations.

IPL at 16.

+1

Yes, IPL is safe for you.  Cost varies from office to office.  Remember that your freckles will get darker and then flake off after the treatment.

Sunscreen should be worn daily. 

Good luck.  Hope this helps.

Dr. Grant Stevens        Marina PlasticSurgery Associates          Marina del Rey, CA         The Institute

Grant Stevens, MD