IPL Swelling After 3 Weeks?

3 weeks ago I experienced my 3rd IPL; face and neck. Concentrated area both lower cheeks to repair broken veins. Was swollen that evening. Next morning area under one eye was so swollen one could place a penny on the area and it would not have fallen off. 80% of the swelling went away. However, 3 days ago my skin (same areas) began to turn red and now I have a full round face with much redness. How can I rid myself o the intense swelling and red coloration?

Post IPL Swelling

+1

Thank you for your question. Swelling and redness  for about 3-5 days after an IPL are normal temporary side effects.  IPL treatment can take about 3-5 treatments for best results.  There are skin conditions, such as Rosacea, which is redness on the face primarily on cheeks, chin, nose area, that can be hereditary and can be improved by an IPL.  I  would recommend consulting with a Board Certified Dermatologist to discuss other issues with your skin and review the safest and best  treatment options for your skin. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.