How Effective is IPL for Sun Damage and Age Spots?

I am considering IPL  as I do have some sun damage spots/brown age spots, after reading some reviews about it, I am unsure weather to go ahead and have treatment.

Do you think that it really works and I am concerned about what my skin will look like in years to come. Do you recomend this treatment?

Thanks,
julie

IPL Sun Damage

+1

IPL (Intense Pulse Light Therapy) will help lighten brown spots as well as stimulate collagen and reduce redness. Try chemical peels in combination with IPL's to boost your result. Also, a home care system with 4% hydroquinone will help fade your brown spots and is safe to use while getting IPL treatments.

IPL for sun damage

+1

IPL treatments can stimulate collagen, smooth skin and fade brown spots and redness.  If you have extensive sun damage, photodynamic therapy combining IPL with a medication called Levulan will give you an enhanced result.  Use sunscreen after these treatments and your skin will be healthier.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

IPL PhotoFacials ave very helpful for brown spots.

+1

Here's several things to consider:

PhotoFacials are best to do in the winter, when the sun is not strong.

You're a good candidate if you have light skin.

Dark brown spots respond the best. Some light brown spots take several treatments.

IPL is visible (not ultra-violet) light, and is completely safe.

Best regards.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon