Is IPL a sensible and safe remedy for prolonged redness months after CO2 laser treatment under eyes?

7 months post-CO2 laser treatment under eyes, I still have residual redness, extending along tear trough lines under both eyes, enough that it is noticeable. Redness is fading so slowly now that I'm wondering if it is permanent The doctor who performed procedure is considering IPL as remedy. Does this make sense? Is there risk as this is so close to the eyes?

IPL for prolonged redness

+1
HI Elena,
IPL is a good treatment for prolonged redness following a laser treatment
unless you have extremely dark skin, i.e. African American or very dark pigmented.
You need to be sure to stay out of the sun as much as possible to avoid a worsening of your redness and to apply and re-apply a good sunscreen frequently.
Also, be sure to see a qualified  health care specialist who has had experience with
the IPL before embarking on this laser treatment.
Dr. Rodgers
\

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Redness after CO2 Laser

+1

Hi Elena.  Yes, the IPL is a viable option.  In terms of what works best, we would be reaching for a pulsed dye laser such as the Cynosure V-Star or Candela V-Beam, but IPL may be able to help.  

The closeness to the eye should not matter if they are protected correctly.  Good luck.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD