IPL After Rhinoplasty?

I had a Rhinoplasty with silicone nasal implant 2 years ago. After the surgery, I have stopped all facial treatments, as I'm afraid the beautician might squeeze my nose. Would there be a problem if I start going for facial treatments? Can I do IPL facial treatment? Would the IPL have any impact on the implant? Thank you.

It should be OK to have IPL one month after Rhinoplasty.

+1

It should be fine to have an IPL within a month after having a Rhinoplasty in most cases. The only exception might be the rare patient who is still noticeably swollen at that point, but for most of our patients that is not the case. The main precaution for IPL patients is avoidance of sun exposure for two weeks prior to the treatment.

Lexington Facial Plastic Surgeon

IPL is fine after Rhinoplasty

+1

Most skin treatments should be fine as long as you avoid any aggressive manipulations that can injure or displace your grafts. However, IPL is worth little more than a routine Chemical peel but at 3 times the cost. Stick to daily skin care and monthly chemical peels and you will do just as well.

Robert M. Freund, MD

Absolutely not! Enjoy your IPL!

+1

Thanks for your question.

Getting IPL treatments or other facial treatments should be no problem at all for your nose implants. IPL treatments won't result in any damage to implants as it is a very superficial treatment and any heat generated wouldn't cause any deep damage. I wouldn't hesitate restarting these procedures, just make sure that they are gentle with your nose.

Don Mehrabi, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologist

IPL is no problem

+1

When you do facial treatments I would avoid a lot of manipulation and movement of the nose implant but any thing short of this should be fine for facial treatments.   IPL should have no effect on the nose implant is it not compressed and pushed around.

Marcus L. Peterson, MD
Saint George Plastic Surgeon