Broken Capillaries Around Nose - Options?

Had IPL, Pulse Dye, and Yag for Broken Capillaries Around Nose. Disappeared but Came Back. What else Can I Do?

Successful treatment for facial spider veins

+1

Thank you for your question.  I have the most success with a pulsed dye laser for spider veins on the face and around the nose. Some patients will require more than one treatment. If you did not have success with the first pulsed dye laser treatment, you may need a higher energy to treat your vessels.

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

532 diode laser works very well for these spider veins

+1

I have found the 532 nm diode laser (mine is the Varilite) works beautifully with over 80 % clearing with one treatment, in most cases. I always advise a second treatment will probably be needed in 8- 12 weeks for good long term results. The other treatments using IPL or Pulsed dye also usually are effective, but the "wand" tips of the 532 laser work nicely around the nasal contours.

Harrison C. Putman III, MD
Peoria Facial Plastic Surgeon

Best treatment for Facial veins

+1

The Pulsed Dye Laser and long-pulsed Nd:Yag are my preferred options for facial veins, including those around the nose.  Treatments are very effective, but more than 1 treatment may be necessary, especially for the larger vessels near the lower sides of the nose (alae).  Over time, some vessels may return as well.  Often for bluer vessels I prefer the Nd:yag, and redder vessels the Pulsed Dye, but this is universal.

If you are unhappy with your results, it could be because the settings were not optimized for the lasers you used.  Make sure you consult with a Board Certified Dermatologist who specializes in laser therapy to maximize your results.

Jeffrey C. Poole, MD
Metairie Dermatologic Surgeon

Nose capillaries prone to recurrence

+1

In my experience a long pulsed yag laser is best for the capillaries that commonly occur around the sides of the nose. These veins are very prone to recurrence and sometimes as soon as 6-9 months. I usually schedule a second treatment 3 weeks after the first to try to get the best clearance possible and this may help with keeping them gone longer. I think this area is too tricky for sclerotherapy or needle injection and electrocautery can cause scarring.

Elizabeth F. Rostan, MD
Charlotte Dermatologist

Laser for capillaries around nostrils

+1

These vessels are so very common from person to person. Some do have more than others and some are wider and thicker walled vessels.  The capillaries come off high pressure flow systems in this region and maintenance treatment rather than a cure is the rule. I prefer the V-beam laser over others.There usually is a darker redness that lasts for a day or more, and as successive treatments are done, different settings may be needed to eradicate the stubborn vessels which may lead to bruising, but not an open wound so makeup may be applied after the treatment to hide the darker color. This color could last up to two weeks, but rarely is this the case.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Spider veins on nose

+1

I have had great success with spider veins on the nsoe using various lasers, but as you said they can come back and often do.  It is like damming a river and the tributaries open up a bit. So sometimes you are chasing your tail.