Are IPL Photofacials and Microdermabrasion Safe Following an Ulthera Treatment?

And if so, how long should I wait to receive these treatments? I'm worried that they might undo the effects of my full face and neck Ulthera treatment, which I got two weeks ago.

Ultherapy and chemical peels such as a Melapeel - Los Angeles

+1

The skin is slightly red and sensitized after Ulthera, so I would wait about one week before undergoing microdermabrasion. However, we employ MelaPeels about one week after and have found excellent results using that method. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

IPL, microdermabrasion and Ulthera treatments

+1

IPL, microdermabrasion and Ulthera treatments all complement each other.  There is no problem having IPL and microdermabrasion now.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

IPL and Microdermabrasion are Safe After Having Ultherapy by Ulthera

+1

Hi BM,

IPL and Microdermabrasion are safe following Ultherapy.  They will not have any effect on what Ulthera has done for you.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

IPL and Ulthera could be done on same day as microdermabraision and IPL.

+1

IPL and microdermabrasion could be done same day as Ulthera..  If so, I recommend IPL be done first followed by microdermabrasion, then Ulthera.

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Are IPL and micreoderm safe after Ultherapy

+1

Ultherapy addresses collagen formation in the deeper tissue layers.  As the new collagen is formed, lifting and tightening of the skin occurs.  Both IPL and microderm address changes in the superficial layers and are very safe to combine with Ultherapy.  Two weeks is a  more than adequate buffer between the procedures. Best of luck.

Beverly Friedlander, MD
Short Hills Plastic Surgeon