Will Pigmentation in Mole Recur After IPL?

I had IPL about two weeks ago. I have a small, slightly raised facial mole that was pigmented and removed after my second treatment. It went from being dark brown in color to light pink. I'm wondering if the pigment will eventually return and if so, how long will it take? I've had this mole examined in the past with no concerns of cancer.

The mole will likely remain lighter after IPL.

+1

Dark brown, benign facial moles (melanocytic nevi) can lose alot of pigment after IPL. Sometimes they become invisible. Usually this is deemed to be a favorable outcome. In the future, if you have any moles you'd like to keep the same color, ask your doctor to cover them with a small piece of white tape before the procedure.

Best regards.

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon