IPL with Levulan Better Than TCA for Blotchy Sun Spots?

I've had great results with TCA peels at 35% for my blotchy sunspots (I'm a pale redhead), but the doctor I spoke with today recommended Levulan with IPL. He says it's deeper than a TCA & will do more than a TCA peel. Is this true? At $550 per treatment, I don't want to waste my money.

TCA Peel Better for Your Problem

+1

A TCA peel is a medium depth peel. If you are receiving good results from it, I would stick with it.

It is true that photodynamic therapy does go deeper in the skin. However, in my experience it is not as effective for removing discolorations as medium depth peels. 

Virginia Beach Dermatologist