Can I Still Have IPL Treatments After Radiesse?

I'm scheduled to have Radiesse injections on jawline and the hollows of my cheeks next week. Can I still get IPL or other laser treatments after? Can the laser melt the filler?

It is safe

+2

Dr Suzanne Kilmer and Mitch Goldman have both done studies proving it is safe to do laser and IPL after filler. I would wait untill any swelling and bruising has resolved before starting the series, however.

New Orleans Dermatologist

Definitely safe to have IPL after Radiesse

+1

Fortunately, there is no interaction between dermal fillers such as Radiesse and Intense Pulse Light, making these treatments safe to perform within a few days of each other. Because of swelling and potential bruising from the filler session, however, patients should be advised not to perform these treatments at the same visit. The same is true for other fillers like Restylane and Perlane.

Randolph Capone, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon