IPL + Laser but No Results

I have had 4 treatments combining sciton laser and IPL. I want rejuvinated looking skin. I am 38 have sun damage (wrinkles and sun spots) as well as acne around my chin, and some hyperpigmentation for this. The procedure was not painful and I had pretty much no side effects. Unfortunately I also had no results! Did the doctor use the machine at too light a setting? Would I be better off with another procedure?

IPL and laser with no results?

+1

I would guess that your treatments were conservative.  Perhaps more aggressive settings would be useful for you.  However, I don't know that for sure, of course. I would seek an opinion from a doctor who does a LOT of these procedures and get her opinion.  It may turn out that those procedures aren't ideal for you, for some reason. Or it may be that more aggressive treatment would give you the results you want.

IPL and Laser Without Results

+1

The level of results one can expect with IPL and/or any resurfacing laser directly correlates with the amount of energy used.  More energy typically causes more downtime. The best arbiter of this discussion will be the Doctor who performed the procedure.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon