IPL vs Laser Genesis vs BBL Laser for Broken Capillaries

Hi, hope someone can help. I just paid $1500 for one treatment of Fraxel and I wanted it to get rid of my red broken capillaries and red in my cheeks and chin. It's not gone. My doc said it won't go away from Fraxel (wish I knew that earlier). WHAT is the best laser out there that will get rid of it?? I feel I'm spending too much money and not getting the results. PLEASE HELP :o( BBL???? IPL???? Laser Genesis ????

Lasers for broken capillaries

+1

There are many lasers that are effective for vascular abnormalities and overall redness. In The Kopelson Clinic we use the ND:Yag laser for discrete capillaries and the PDL for overall redness. Genesis can also be effective for overall redness. The IPL is typically more effective for the treatment of brown spots.

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Several lasers including IPL, KTP, and pulsed dye laser are excellent to remove red vessels from the skin

+1

Several lasers including IPL, KTP, and pulsed dye laser are excellent to remove red vessels from the skin. It is best to consult with your dermatologist.

Edward Lack, MD
Chicago Dermatologist

Candela V-beam or the Cutera CoolGlide Xeo work for broken capillaries

+1

Candela V-beam or the Cutera CoolGlide Xeo are 2 of the best for broken capillaries.  In general there is a noticeable, dramatic improvement from just one treatment, although it is often 2 or 3 treatments before the blood vessels are completely gone.  You may have some bruising from the procedure, but often there is minimal bruising.

Fraxel doesn't help redness as you have learned.  Broadband light or Intense Pulsed Light will help minimally.  Laser Genesis also may help but it is also a more subtle improvement.

Good luck!

Anne Marie McNeill, MD, PhD
Newport Beach Dermatologist