Any Suggestions for Burn Marks on my Nose After IPL?

I am of Asian origin. I have had 4 successful treatments for pigmentation on my nose. On my last visit, I received what I believe is a contact burn on the bridge of my nose from where the protective goggles sat.

This area was not targeted. There was no indication at the time of treatment, but about an hour later, I had redness, stinging and a "grey area" much like an iron burn. It has now been 5 days. The area is still red, and slightly hurts. My main concern is hyperpigmentation after all is healed. Any suggestions?

Treating burn marks after IPL

+1

Unfortunately burns occasionally happen, but thankfully the marks disappear with time and with good sun protection. Your dermatologist can prescribe you a topical bleaching regimen to speed up the healing, and you may even benefit from a chemical peel to hasten resolution.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

How to handle postinflammatory pigmentation after IPL photofacial

+1

The good news is that the pigmentation will slowly fade over the next couple months. Focus on consistent daily sun protection, emollient for the next couple weeks. If possible, see your board-certified dermatologist for topical retinoid and hydroquinone. The new gold standard for post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation is Q-switched Nd:Yag laser such as Spectra laser.

Web reference: http://www.drwilliamting.com/Laser_Surgery.html

Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon