Can IPL Be Used on the Scalp for Hair Removal?

Is it safe to use IPl in the scalp, so I don't need to keep shaving every two days?

IPL for Hair Removal

+1

IPL has been an effective hair removal treatment for many years, primarily in fair skin individuals. However, newer laser technologies are safer and more effective. For the scalp, the same prinicples apply.

Burley Facial Plastic Surgeon

IPL on the scalp

+1

I would not recommend IPL for hair removal, quite simply, because it's an older technology and takes a long time to do a full head. I would recommend a diode laser or Alexandrite laser for hair removal. But yes, you can have laser hair removal on the head; I just wouldn't do it with an IPL.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD