Is It Safe to Use IPL on Bikini Area?

Can IPL be used on sensitive body areas such as bikini area for hyperpigmentation?

Possibly safe to use IPL on bikini line

+1

I am assuming you have a darker skin type. Afro-American, Hispanic, and Asian people tend to have darker pigmentation in such areas as elbows, knees and the groin. Darker skin in this area might mean more of as reaction to the IPL.

If you are light skinned and the hyperpigmentation is due to an injury this would certainly be an acceptable modality.

My recommendation would be a peeling agent, along with some depigmenting topical agents. Hope this helps.

Virginia Beach Dermatologist