IPL Hair Removal on Face Does Not Work?

Hello, I've been doing IPL hair removal on my face and legs for a year now. While my legs have responded well, my face has not. The hairs were very thin to start with and are now thick and very dark. Almost like a man's beard. The hair also never seems to fall out after treatment. The beauty salon says it will take time but it's been a year and is only getting worse. Is there any point continuing with treatment? Also, I've heard you should never wax or pluck between treatments, is ths true? Thnx

Laser hair removal for facial hair

+2

You should consult your physician for assessment of your hormones which may be causing excessive facial hair growth.  Consider switching to a laser hair removal system such as the LightSheer DUET laser which may be more effective for you.

Toronto Dermatologist

IPL hair removal not responding on the face

+1

IPL and laser hair removal works best on darker hair so if your facial hair is fair, this may explain why you are not seeing results.  A hormonal problem may also explain modest response.  Consult a board-certified dermatologist who can evaluate you for hirsutism and assess if your facial hair would respond to IPL or laser.