Is IPL a Good Solution for Dark Circles in a Young Olive Complexion, Bi-racial (Black & Asian) Woman?

I am bi-racial (Black & Asian) and have had darck purple-ish circles under my eyes since I was a teen. I have a medium olive complexion. Would I be a good candidate for IPL or Laser treatment? I have been told that I may not be because of my skin color & the possible side effects. Is this true. And if so what are my other options?

IPL or ? for Dark circles under the eyes

Judging by your photo, your dark circles look like more the result of hollowness and shadowing as opposed to true discoloration.  Rather than laser or IPL treatment I would actually suggest finding someone who has experience in using Restylane in the tear trough and under eye area.  I think your results with a filler will be far more effective and satisfying to you than any laser treatment.