Can IPL Treat Freckles?

I don't know why I have a lot of freckles around my neck. Can the IPL can treat it?

IPL does work well, but proper exam first

+1

IPL works vey well for brown spots and freckles. There is almost no down time with the IPL treatments. They might need to be repeated if you have many of them. However,a proper exam is needed first to determine the true nature of these pigmentations. Best of luck!

Freckles

+1

IPL can help with freckles, so can Fraxel re:Store. You should have a skin evaluation by aboard certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon to evaluate the freckles and to go over what options you may have for treatment. Ask about long term results and need for re-treatments, etc. You should also see a medical aesthetician to help you maintain your skin care over the years.

Theodore Katz, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

IPL for freckles

+1

While IPL for freckles and other brown spots can be a good treatment, I would first get a proper assessment from a dermatologist since freckles around the neck would be unusual. You may have more of what is called a "lentigo" or if they are raised, "skin tags" or "dermatosis papulosa nigra" which would require a different kind of treatment. As always, a proper diagnosis ensures the proper treatment.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon