Redness And More Visible Broken Blood Vessels After IPL for Rosacea- Normal?

I had my first IPL treatment for rosacea a few days ago. My face is still red, and the my broken vessel is more visible. Is it normal on the first treatment to see more red before it gets better? I'm scheduled for my next treatment in 5 weeks. Please advise. Thanks.

Redness more visable after IPL

+1

I agree, IPL cannot make broken capillaries worse, it will reduce overall redness which might make certain areas more visible.  You can see a slight difference after one treatment (more for hyperpigmentation or sun spots) but with Rosacea and overall redness, results will be more visible after at least 3 consecutive treatments. Good Luck!

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

More visible broken vessel after IPL for Rosacea

+1

One IPL treatment is not nearly enough to improve visibly the redness of your face.

You may observe a noticeable diference after 3 or 4 treatments.

The IPL cannot and would not make your dilated capillary ("broken vessel") worse.

If it looks worse, most likely thesurrounding redness has improved somewhat and thus the dilated capillary stands out more than before.

Always make sure that you are being treated by an experienced, Board Certified , Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon.

Eugene Mandrea, MD
Chicago Dermatologist