What if IPL Did Not Help? V-beam? (photo)

Hello, I'm a 19 y/o man with a permanent red skin (cheeks & nose, also some vissible veins, no pustules and papules), it started when i was 15-16. It gets intens red by triggers like cold/hot envoirements or when i blush. It's so ugly and i feel ashame.. Tried so many cremes, nothing works. Just had 2 IPL sessions, not even helped 1%. I'm very disappointed because I thought i finally had found something that works. What else can I try? is V-beam an option? Thank you.

V-Beam for Rosacea, Not IPL

+2

The V-Beam is the gold standard for rosacea. It can be a life changung treatment for many people. One session will make a significant change. Multiple treatments may be needed for complete clearance of rosacea.

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

V-Beam Laser can precisely target capillaries of varying sizes

+2

Though both IPL and pulsed dye lasers can be used to effectively treat redness and capillaries, the Candela V-Beam laser has much better capability of precisely targeting small capillaries and simulataneously protecting the skin surface with a cooling cryogen spray. From looking at your photos, I feel confident that you can receive effective treatment.However this does require a physician treating you who is a true expert in laser/skin interaction in order to get the right treatment parameters. This will likely require a series of treatments as well as periodic touch-up treatments. 

Richard Fitzpatrick, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Facial Flushing & Redness

+2

Hi Robben.  You are on the right track.  VBeam and VStar lasers are pulsed dye lasers specifically developed to treat vascular condition such as Rosacea and facial redness.  You may require a series of treatments and we normally start with 4-6.  In addition, more extreme cases need bruising treatments where the face is actually bruised for 7-10 days after treatments.  

If you want to find help, find a practitioner that is expert in the use of pulsed dye lasers.  Good luck.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Consider V-Beam if IPL doesn't help

+1

The energy may have to be increased in the settings to get the maximum results and multiple treatments may be needed. V-beam is also a good option for capillaries and red skin.

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon