IPL for Dark Circles

I have these dark circles under my eyes and I am curious if ipl would fade them... And how long would the healing take so I could return to work. Thanks for any input

IPL for Dark Circles?

+2

We do not recommend IPL treatments for dark circles and do not feel they would add any value in your situation.  Depending on how resilient your skin is (there is an in office test to check how elastic the skin is in this area), we would either recommend dermal fillers (Restylane, Juvederm) or perhaps surgery.

If you want to see pictures of patients that have undergone the undereye injections we are speaking about, check our before and after photos on realself and also at the link below.

Web reference: http://www.celibre.com/RestylaneInjectionsBeforeAfterPicturesPhotos.aspx

Fillers are best for Dark Under Eye Circles

+1

On your photo, I see some brown spots on the skin and dark circles beneath the eye.  The brown spots are best treated with IPL as they are caused by melanin pigment in the skin.  The dark circles beneath the eye are not caused by melanin pigment and, thus, are not  well treated with IPL.  These dark circles are mostly caused by loss of volume beneath the eye.  Contributing to the dark circles is shadowing caused by the puffiness of the lower lid.  I would suggest that the prefered treatment option for these dark circles is to inject a filler to plump the hollow area.  I prefer Radiesse for this treatment but Restylane, Perlane, and Juvederm also work very well.  There is minimal discomfort with this treatment but approximately 50% of patients will get some bruising, which can last for a week. 

Hope this helps.

Naples Facial Plastic Surgeon