Proper Treatment of Hyperpigmentation After IPL?

On my second IPL treatment, my left and right cheeks got burned. The doctor told me to apply some steroid cream. After 2 weeks, part of my cheek became brown and looks like birth mark. I showed it to her and she did a slight peel to lighten it up. Is this the proper way of treating pigmentation after IPL? Is this something that can be reversed?

If IPL caused your pigmentation

+1

One good thing about the face is that it heals remarkably well (and faster than any other part of the body except for the scalp). If you have pigmenation caused by being burned by a laser (or IPL), it usually goes away. Conservative treatment works best. Use a bleaching cream, avoid the sun and give it a few weeks (or sometimes months) and it should completely resolve.

Miami Dermatologist