What to Do About IPL Burn?

I had an IPL done 9 months ago and was burnt. It created an irregular pigmentation on my skin that I still can't get rid for 9 months. It almost looks greyish compared to my yellowish tone skin that wasn't affected.

I'm assuming that not even several peels aren't going to get rid of it so I'm not considering getting a Yag laser to get rid of this dark pigmentation. I'm just hoping that this isn't permanent. Any advice on what I should do?

IPL, Lumixyl, Skin pigmentation

+1

Thank you for your question!

I am sorry that you have had a problem post IPL. If the area is post burn hyperpigmentation then you may try- 1) Triluma, 2) a new skin lightening cream called Lumixyl.

If you need to go the laser route then i would recommend a test spot first so that you do mot have any more problems.

With Warm Regards,

Trevor M Born MD